My Dear friends

This site not work anymore .I have a new site and you can go there visit me. I dont go put more post here anymore ... If you like this blog go there .. I will be there for you ... Olá meus queridos amigos ... agora tenho um novo blog Este site nao funcionará mais , tive alguns problemas. Agora tenho um novo endereco de blog. Nao irei mais colocar post neste blog .. Todas as atualizacoes e novidades estarao no outro endereco .. Acessem... estarei lá pra vcssss Se vcs gostaram desse blog irao amar o outro .. mais atualizado e lindo ... Vamos láaaa .... visitem-me lá .. Beijinhos Lili

Tank for everything !!!

melldesofia.blogspot.com

segunda-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2010

Greek Done Right


I wanted to turn you guys on to some great local food around the Fort Lauderdale area. Being brought up on home cooking, I know that usually the best places to eat are the ones you’ve never heard of. Small little hole-in-the-wall places that give you a lot of bang for your buck (and your taste buds!).

One of my favorite cultural foods is Greek food. The perfect mix between Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavors seem to intersect in Greek cooking. The only problem I had for awhile is that the closest thing to Greek you could get in South Florida is a gyro from your local sub shop. That is until I found Jimmy…

Jimmy the Greek up on North Federal Highway (2500 to be exact) in Lighthouse Point blew me away! A small little drive through and outdoor seating joint that sort of resembles what a Checkers might look like in Athens. The pita sandwiches, tsatsiki, hummus, and grape leaves are all authentic and flat out amazing. The prices are great and menu is diverse. To top it all off, Jimmy is probably one of the nice guys you’ll ever meet. He remembers you when you come in and always greets with a smile. How good is it? Last night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about souvlaki. Now that’s cooking!

Speaking of great Greek, if you’re in the mood for a more formal setting, Christina’s on East Atlantic in Pompano Beach has got the goods. A small, family run business, Christina personally serves her customers the delicacies her family has been cooking for generations. Very friendly and very tasty. Very fair prices and the best lamb shank I’ve had in a LONG time.

When you get a chance, give your local Greeks a visit. You taste buds will thank you.
Christina's // greek food // Jimmy the Greek // light house point // pompano beach // south florida culture

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Minha lista de blogs