My Dear friends

This site not work anymore .I have a new site and you can go there visit me. I dont go put more post here anymore ... If you like this blog go there .. I will be there for you ... Olá meus queridos amigos ... agora tenho um novo blog Este site nao funcionará mais , tive alguns problemas. Agora tenho um novo endereco de blog. Nao irei mais colocar post neste blog .. Todas as atualizacoes e novidades estarao no outro endereco .. Acessem... estarei lá pra vcssss Se vcs gostaram desse blog irao amar o outro .. mais atualizado e lindo ... Vamos láaaa .... visitem-me lá .. Beijinhos Lili

Tank for everything !!!

melldesofia.blogspot.com

sexta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2010

Apologizing, Woods Sets No Date for Return to Golf


Apologizing, Woods Sets No Date for Return to Golf


http://www.nytimes.com


By LIZ ROBBINS
Published: February 19, 2010

Tiger Woods apologized to his friends and family, many sitting before him, as well as a national television audience, in a long-anticipated statement on Friday morning. Woods admitted to repeated marital infidelities while acknowledging that he is receiving treatment for “issues” that will require him to return to therapy Saturday.


But as to when Woods, the world’s best golfer, will return to the game he transformed, he did not give a specific timetable.

In measured and contrite tones, Woods, 34, read from prepared remarks for 15 minutes from the T.P.C. Sawgrass clubhouse in Ponte Vedra, Fla., making his first public appearance since a Nov. 27 car accident set off a wave of revelations about his personal life and caused him to take an indefinite leave from the PGA Tour.

“I was unfaithful,” Woods said Friday. “I had affairs. I cheated. What I did was not acceptable and I am the only person to blame.”

Alternately, he stared into the camera and then glanced at his hand-picked audience, which included his mother, Kultida, in the front row, but did not include his wife, Elin.

Woods broke his silence with this carefully orchestrated event in which he took no questions. He outlined his problems in broad, somber strokes.

“For all that I have done,” he said, pausing, “I am so sorry.”

Woods drew a strict line demarcating what he was willing to discuss and what he would not. He said he had never taken performance-enhancing drugs, and he defended his wife, saying that she had never once had a physical altercation with him, nor had there been any domestic abuse in the family.

He emphasized that any queries about his marriage, the circumstances of the car accident and the specific issues for which he requires rehabilitation would remain between him and his wife.

“As Elin pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words,” he said. “It will come from my behavior over time.”

He lashed out against the paparazzi who had been tracking his family.

“Please leave my wife and kids alone,” he said, forcefully.

As for his return to golf, he said he would not “rule out this year” as Tim Finchem, the commissioner of the PGA Tour, looked on. “I just don’t know when that day will be,” he said.

“I need to regain my balance and be centered,” Woods said, citing his Buddhist faith as giving him strength.

More than once Woods called his actions “foolish, irresponsible and selfish,” as he addressed the origins of his superstar’s fall from grace, which has been the subject of intense debate and speculation.

“I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to,” he said. “I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to money and fame, I didn’t have to go far to find them.

“I was wrong,” he added. “I was foolish. I don’t get to play by different rules.”

A number of players had objected to the scheduling of Woods’s announcement at PGA Tour headquarters during the W.G.C.-Accenture Match Play tournament being played in Marana, Ariz., this week. Woods apologized to the Accenture — a former sponsor that dropped him in December — for the timing of his announcement, saying he was due back in therapy Saturday.

Outside Tucson, at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, where the tournament was being held, the news media gathered in anticipation of a reaction. But some of the game’s top players declined to comment.

Sergio García walked wordlessly into the locker room. Lucas Glover, who lost his match on Wednesday, put an open-field move on the eight minicams and countless digital recorders waved by reporters and rushed to the locker room saying, “I’m not stopping.”

After joking with reporters — “You’re all here for me?” — Luke Donald agreed to a brief interview.

“I think it was a sincere apology,” he said. “He made it very clear that he wants the media to leave his family alone, which I agree with. It seems like he’s getting the help and care he needs and hopefully he’ll be back on tour soon.”

Stewart Cink stopped momentarily. He said he did not see all of the broadcast, but what he saw made him believe Woods was sincere.

“Tiger is a tough guy and I’m sure he’s doing everything he can to overcome this,” Cink said. “From what I did hear, it’s part of the recovery or the healing process that he has to go through.”

Immediately after the televised appearance, two of Woods’s biggest sponsors issued statements.

From Gatorade, which dropped one beverage line involving Woods shortly after the Nov. 27 car accident: “Tiger spoke today and addressed the issues he felt were most important. His words stand on their own. We wish him and his family the best.”

Nike, his most visible sponsor and partner in a line of clubs and apparel, said: “Tiger has apologized and made his position clear. Nike fully supports him and his family. We look forward to him returning to golf.”

In an apparent response to sharp criticism from Tom Watson, he said, “When I do return, I need to make my behavior more respectful of the game.”

Woods, who hugged his mother and several friends and business partners from his foundation after making his statement, did not give an indication that he would return any time soon, saying he had “a lot to atone for” — to his family and his fans.

Woods added: “I know I have bitterly disappointed all of you. I have made you question who I am and how I have done the things I did.”

Larry Dorman contributed reporting from Marana, Ariz.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Minha lista de blogs