My Dear friends

This site not work anymore .I have a new site and you can go there visit me. I dont go put more post here anymore ... If you like this blog go there .. I will be there for you ... Olá meus queridos amigos ... agora tenho um novo blog Este site nao funcionará mais , tive alguns problemas. Agora tenho um novo endereco de blog. Nao irei mais colocar post neste blog .. Todas as atualizacoes e novidades estarao no outro endereco .. Acessem... estarei lá pra vcssss Se vcs gostaram desse blog irao amar o outro .. mais atualizado e lindo ... Vamos láaaa .... visitem-me lá .. Beijinhos Lili

Tank for everything !!!

melldesofia.blogspot.com

quarta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2010

HEALTH in 2010





fonte: http://everythingyellow.typepad.com/

HEALTH in 2010.



It's time to start thinking about goals for the coming year.

I usually have a short list of resolutions for myself every year. This year, I have decided rather than over-analyze lots of little goals and specific deadlines, I am going to embrace one main concept for the year and work towards that, in lieu of a long list. No specific number to weigh, no exact requirement of trips to the gym, just one overall goal to work towards.

I have to credit Ali's "One Little Word" post as a source of inspiration for this idea. My one little word (and overall goal) for 2010 is health.

Health -- noun

1. The general condition of the body or mind with reference to soundness and vigor.

2. Freedom from disease or ailment.

3. Vigor, vitality.

I thought about some runner-up choices, such as balance, energy, etc, but I realized this is really what my biggest life need is right now, and it is what I should be focusing on more than anything else in the coming months. (That's me, getting super healthy, up above).

My goal has several aspects - no ultra-specific goals, just some general areas to work on to consider 2010 a successful year:
I want/need to get back into running (I fell short of my 5k goal I set earlier this year). I need to drop some pounds and I think this is the best way to do so. I am joining a gym (with an indoor track - perfect for the ice/snow months!) and incorporating some variation workouts into my routine. I've discovered a love of yoga and want to expand on this in the coming months and reap both the mental and physical health benefits.
Aside from the workouts, I want to make an effort to eat better. I am not particularly unhealthy with my meal choices, but it is the sweet tooth that fails me. Cutting out sugar will be a big piece of this goal. I LOVE veggies, but struggle with fruits. I could stand to eat a few less carbs and a bit more lean protein.
After some slight scares and painful procedures lately at the dermo, I will be much more diligent about getting in for my skin checkups. They've been bumped from annual to bi-annual, so I hope this will make it easier to stay on top of things. I LOVE the sun, and it will be impossible to give it up entirely, but I have received a much-needed kick to use higher sunscreen and limit my hours in the rays.
I will floss EVERY day, not just every third or so, as I have a tendency to do. :) I already have both of my six month teeth cleanings for 2010 scheduled so there is no excuse to miss them.

In anticipation of kicking it into high gear once the packages are opened, and the cookies are all gone, I am preparing in advance for this change in lifestyle. I'm planning some meals with the help of livestrong.com (great tool for tracking meals/nutrients and workouts on a regular basis). I have hit the sale racks a couple of times for some cute new workout things (new workout clothes are a great motivator to get to the gym and show them off!). Finally, I've asked for a couple of health-related things from Santa, so as long as I'm good and he delivers, I will be all set to get started!

Do you have a goal or a "one little word" for the new year? I'd love to hear.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2010.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Minha lista de blogs